2018 Membership Dues
We are now collecting your 2018 membership dues, which can be paid online, by mail, or in person. more >>
- TimberWest Road Building west of Pot Holes Provincial Park. TimberWest has begun road building in their Private Managed Forest just west of the Sooke River and the Sooke Pot Holes Provincial Park. This will be ongoing through April 2018. For more details see their announcement. February 2018
- Horne Rd to Goodmere Rd Community Trail. A new community trail was built between Horne Rd and Goofmere Rd with the help of JDF CTS voulnteers. Read more February 2017
- TimberWest Road Building in Otter Point. TimberWest has begun road building in their Private Managed Forest north of Otter Point Road near Sooke. This will be ongoing through April 2017. For more details see their announcement. February 2017
- Matterhorn Trail Closure. The TimberWest Forest Company will be harvesting the areas shown shaded orange and outlined on this 1:10,000 scale map (11Mb file) in 2017. Road construction activities have already begun in preparation for the harvesting which will be conducted between March and July and again between September and December 2017. Work may be ongoing seven days per week. Because of the potential dangers associated with active road construction and harvesting activities, this portion of TimberWest’s private property is strictly off limits until all harvesting work is complete. The Prime Contractor responsible for the worksite safety will be blocking access routes through the site to prevent un-authourized entry.
- Now that we have broom on the run on the Whiffin Spit, we are ready to take on the Ivy at Ed Mc Gregor Park! Juan de Fuca Community Trails and the District of Sooke are Removing ivy on Sunday September 25, 2016 9am - 3pm. We will be joined by the Greater Victoria Green Team. September 2016