2018 Membership Dues
We are now collecting your 2018 membership dues, which can be paid online, by mail, or in person. more >>
- Matterhorn & Enchanted Trail Closures. TimberWest Forest Company is currently harvesting the areas shown shaded orange and outlined on this map (8Mb file). As you can see, portions of both the Matterhorn Trail and Enchanted Trail will be affected.
Work will be ongoing seven days per week and should be completed by May 15th, 2018. Because of the potential dangers associated with active harvesting operations this portion of TimberWest’s private property is strictly off limits until all harvesting work is complete. The Prime Contractor responsible for the worksite safety will be blocking access routes through the site to prevent un-authourized entry. April 2018
- New trail system proposed for Sooke. The Juan de Fuca Community Trails Society is proposing to introduce a new trails system that would connect parks and green spaces in Sooke. The trail system will connect parks and green spaces and encourage alternate forms of transportation. Read the entire article in the Sooke News Mirror. March 2018
- TimberWest Road Building west of Pot Holes Provincial Park. TimberWest has begun road building in their Private Managed Forest just west of the Sooke River and the Sooke Pot Holes Provincial Park. This will be ongoing through April 2018. For more details see their announcement. February 2018
- Horne Rd to Goodmere Rd Community Trail. A new community trail was built between Horne Rd and Goofmere Rd with the help of JDF CTS voulnteers. Read more February 2017
- TimberWest Road Building in Otter Point. TimberWest has begun road building in their Private Managed Forest north of Otter Point Road near Sooke. This will be ongoing through April 2017. For more details see their announcement. February 2017